In my previous post ‘Windows Server 2016 Core Configuration, with SCONFIG‘ I stepped through how to use the sconfig tool to modify settings on Windows Server 2016 Core. In this post, I will introduce you to how to go about running Windows Updates and applying them to your server.
Here are the steps I used:
- Log into the console of your Windows Server 2016 Core System
You need to log in as an administrator and should arrive at a command prompt
- Enter the command Sconfig and press enter
The Server Configuration tool interface should be displayed
- Select 6 from the Server Configuration List
This opens the Windows update software, allowing you to search for updatable software
- Select from the list of results the software update that you would like to download and install.
You can choose a single update or update them all
- Depending on the update you may be required to reboot your system, select yes to restart
That’s it – Congrats you have updated your Windows Server 2016 Core Server