Jermal Smith – New Jersey, United States
IT Leader with over 18 years of Systems Administration success in implementing technologies that have proven to have a positive impact on organizations. Increasing security posturing and productivity through technological advancements.
• Possessing a strong multifaceted set of skills in various technologies.
• Strong communication skills and collaboration abilities to lead diverse teams
• An exemplary record of commitment, and the highest degree of detail in all assumed roles.
• The designing implementation of infrastructure upgrades
• The development of business continuity strategies leveraging (BaaS) and (DRaaS) providers.
• The development of IT standard operating procedures and overall guidelines.
• Corporate security posturing by developing security policies and procedures.
• Introduction of advanced threat technology, including IRM and DLP controls.
• Co-Development of Corporate Council and Change Advisory Board.
• Worked to assist the company goal to attain SOC2 Type 2 attestation.
Current areas of focus:
• VMware – vSphere 5, vSphere 6, vSphere 6.5
• Hyper-V – Server 2012 R2, Server 2016
Server Operation Systems
• Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2
• Linux Server – RHEL, Debian, Ubuntu Server
• Nimble Storage – iSCSI
• Dell EqualLogic – ISCSI
• Openfiler – iSCSI, NFS, Samba
• FreeNAS – iSCSI, NFS, Samba
• Office 365 Administration – Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint, One Drive
• Azure – Active Directory, Storage, Virtual Machines, Web Services
• AWS – Compute, Storage, Web Services, Security, Networking
Firewall & Threat Protection:
Past projects include but not limited to:
• Infrastructure Development
• Subject Matter Expert Role
• SharePoint Development
• Testing Lab Desing and Management
• Deployment and Management of Office 365
• Power BI Integration
• Salesforce Administration
• Single Sign-on – SAML
If you would like to know more just ask or reach out to me on LinkedIn